Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Spinning Wheel(s)

Yahoooooo!
I now have 2 lovely spinning wheels, having just received my newest one yesterday! I was blessed to buy a used (and well cared for) Kromski Prelude, a traditional type wheel:) And, I got her put together in short time and was spinning some targhee on her in no time at all!
Now, the excitement associated with this is that when I was first trying to learn to spin on a wheel, a friend tried to teach me on an Ashford Trad., single treadle (normal), and I was terrible! So, my first wheel is a nifty little double treadle made by my friends at Heavenly Handspinning, in fact, mine was the first double treadle that they made and they wood burned my name on her and stated that she is the 1st:). And I pretty much decided that I was too "spastic" to use a single treadle and didn't even look for one.....until this one showed up.......to know that I could spin on her, my dear friend, Sara, who raises llamas (with whom my llamas live and were bred by)taught me to spin on her Ashford Trad., only she suggested that I put both feet on the treadle and that did it!!!
So, now I have targhee on "Maureen" (new Kromski, named for my hubby's mother), and some very nice corridale on "Jenny" (my first, named after my mother:)
Another new thing I have learned from Sara is how to separate llama guard hairs from the undercoat....and it's not hard, and in fact is one of those things that you can do while kicking back on the couch, watching tv:)....and all the while, you get to touch fiber!!! hhehehhehehh
I PROMISE.....pictures to follow soon!!

SCROLL down to see my "girls", Sassy and Dusty......I'll show you all the new "studmuffin" when I take pics of him later this month:)

God Bless,
Suzanne

1 comment:

Windyridge said...

I have a Kromski Polonaise! Glad you are enjoying your wheels, have fun! Your animals are gorgeous!