Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Llamas, llamas and wonderful friends!

What a cool weekend I had while the hurricane threatened and then thankfully avoided us later on!!!
I went up to Nacodoches to meet my new friend, Sara, and her llamas! And to choose and solidify my choices in llamas that will be part of my little farm in Missouri, when we have it;-)
First, I have to say that Sara and I had such a blast with fibers, talking, cats, talking, dogs, talking and llamas.....oh, and talking! Plus, I played dulcimer quite a bit on Sat. evening and again on Sunday (hymns and gospel tunes for Sunday worship:) Next time I'll take an extra dulcimer and start teaching Sara to play!

Llamas! I had already decided that I wanted one female whose name is Sassy, a deep red/auburn color with thick and soft fiber, who is due to have a baby in the spring. That choice held when I met her:)
My 2nd choice turned out to be a bit different than I had "planned"; instead of another adult, I chose the most lovely little girl with a cute little nose/muzzel and bangs! She is appy patterned, white with red spots and has a ton of freckles on her face.....in short, she is GORGEOUS! And, I'm not a prejudiced new llama mom....ha ha:) Her name is Stardust, we call her Dusty:) She is also a very smart little gal and I am going to have a lot of fun working with her!

Well, I had to share this, and also give praises to God for keeping Gustav away from us and for making my travel this weekend as uneventful as it was.....which means safe road trip:)

Take Care ya'll,
Blessings,
Suzanne (and critters;)

1 comment:

Windyridge said...

Sounds like your farm will be a lot of fun!